Frequently Asked Questions
There is no cost to register an account. You'll just need to provide your email address. Join for Free now
Once registered, you will be able to:
- Save your analysis and workspaces across multiple devices
- Access multiple chart layout options
- Use smart trading tools such as Smart Trendlines, Smart Fibonacci, Smart Scripts and other Smart Trading Tools
- Use all available price styles: Bar, Candle, Line, Heikin Ashi, Kagi, Mountain, and Point & Figure
- Compare and Overlay Charts
- Apply multiple indicators to a chart
- Create, save and run custom scripts on multiple charts including backtesting
You can also play with the Smart Traders Charts without registering at no charge, but you will not be able to save your analysis or workspaces. There's also restrictions on the number of charts you can have open at a time and the types of price styles that you have access too. We recommend registering your account at no charge for the best trading experience.
Create an account by entering your name and email address on the registration page. You will receive an email with your userid and password from firstname.lastname@example.org that can be used to login.
There are 3 great ways to find answers and support by other Traders and Smart Trader staff.
- Facebook Group - a place where you can communicate with other traders and SmartTrader staff.
- Feedback Portal - reporting any bugs, issues, or feature requests via the Feedback link
- Release Notes - Each time we release an update, we document how to use the new feature. Check out the release notes for feature updates
We're continually adding new broker account types. Currently, you can connect Oanda (FxTrade), FXCM, JFD Brokers, DriveWealth, CityIndex, and CFH Clearing. We'll be releasing Forex.com and several others in the coming weeks.
Submit a request for specific brokers or vote on a broker requests in the Feedback Portal.
Only 1 account can be assigned to a specific email address. Your workspaces, analysis, notifications, and access levels are controlled by this email address.
Once logged in, visit the Charts by selecting Charts in the top menu. You will notice a $ icon in the top right corner where you can select to sign in to your Broker account. Select the broker you're wanting to connect, the type of account, and your username and password that was created when you signed up for the broker account. You will receive a confirmation once the broker account is connected. If broker does not connect, reach out to your broker and confirm your login credentials.
Currently only brokers listed are able to connect. MT4 account types are not supported at this time, but we're continuing to test and add new Brokers and account types. Submit a request for specific brokers or vote on a broker requests in the Feedback Portal.